The KonMari Method of Tidying, Decluttering, and Organizing

4:42 PM

Hallo girls,
Sorry I haven't blogging this week, I'm so confused yet didn't prepare any photoshoot and blah blah blah because I'm still deep cleaning my room and didn't have a place for taking photos, so this week I'll post about lifestyle.

So in this last week I'm so obsessed with Marie Kondo. If you never heard her name, let me tell you. I'm writing this while drinking on my Creso Soda coffee flavoured :3 yum yum! Better you have your relaxing beverage while reading this.


Marie Kondo, is a Japanese lady, who is also known as organizing consultant. She is the author of best seller book about tidying: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing.

The book sounds promised, so I start searching for more and more about her book. What really hooked me up is her method of folding the clothes so it can fit the drawer. She folds it until it and makes the clothes can stand which she refers as "sweet spot" and voala! Because I love doing things "sequentially". Here the Youtube video when Marie Kondo demonstrate how to fold the clothes.


After I know about this folding method, I still searching everything (or you can say I'm kepo). I ended up knowing that she was a cleaning and tidying fanatic since childhood. She spent her days reading all decluttering and organizing magazine in Japan, started organizing from room to another room in her house, and also her school, yes, she cleaned her classroom and another room as well, rotating from room to room, everyday. She practiced every words on the magazine and book, but she often feels so wrong about the tidying method from the magazine and stressed out - started to think that the article was wrong, and ended up making her tidying method.

Her tidying method is called KonMari method, here I share a Youtube video about her lecture on Google.


Here you can take the point of her method, but not her folding and another tidying tips method :(
And also, I read her book sample on Google Play, you can also buy it, though it's pretty expensive. I wonder when the book come into Indonesia :/

So here's a little opinion. After I knowing this much, the key of her method actually a radical one, for me. Doing tidying up a.s.a.p, in one shot (but you'll never tidying up again, she said), and throwing/ donating so many things at once, yoohoo, would you do that?

But in fact, it opened my eyes. Now I know more about what I need to keep and what I didn't need. How I should spend my life surrounding with things I loved. And actually there's more tips I'll gain if I have dat book pffffttt. Sorry.

I'll give you some summary about her method on video if you don't have time or quota, but I recommend to watch it.

  1. Tidy in one shot, as quickly, and completely, as possible - one shot like an event, not little by little, so it makes a huge impact of your life.
  2. Sort by category, not by location - so you want to sort by the catogory like clothes and pill it up in one place, not by room because you may encounter tidying clothes again and again.
  3. Does it "spark joy"? - or "tokimeku" (flutter, throb, palpitate) in Japanese. Touch your stuff, imagine how your body react to your stuff, is it spark joy? Kyun! or Zut!
  4. Order of tidying: clothes, books, documents, miscellaneous items, mementos - she arranged it that way so it trains our "spark joy" feeling, so when it comes to mementos, you can wisely choose which one to keep and which want not to keep.
Finally, I share some Youtubers who tried the KonMari method and share it in Youtube and hopefully it also helps. Some of them that I like are Lavendaire and ProjectLifecoach time lapse. The Lavendaire videos are spared so I just can put the link.

Thank you for reading, hope it helps you find some inspiration, while enjoying some drink with me :)
Don't forget to comment about your thought after reading this.
Thank you!

 Spark Joy 
-Marie Kondo


-Devi-
Follow me on [Facebook], [Twitter] and [Instagram]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love to hear your thought (Ɔ ˘⌣˘)♥(˘⌣˘ C)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images