FOTD: First Time Makeup and Tips

11:41 AM

It's so embarrassing.
Well, I make a beauty blog, meanwhile I didn't ever blend eyeshadow to my eyes, didn't ever use blush and bronzer, didn't ever using liquid eyeliner (which is failed!), didn't ever using lipgloss, didn't ever using mascara, and so many!
Waaah!!!
Anyway I still want to share my embarrassment!
It's a milestone for me, and I hope I will be better and better at makeup *hope*



BTW, it's not today's photos!
It was at February 3rd 2013.
Soooo long time... ._."
So, FOTD would stand from Face Of That Day :D

Edited with romantic filter.

Using my front camera, quite blurring.

My... outfit that day. Using a BATIK pattern off-shoulder dress. Don't know BATIK? Google it!

Front photo.

At home. Under artificial light and with flash, my skin always looks tan and oily. But you can see my  makeup.
As a newbie, I did it quite good, eh? :D *self praise*
It wasn't as good as you, but I think it wasn't a fail :D



The outfit I used:
 + Black headband with crystals +
 + Red batik pattern off-shoulder dress by my mom *my mom made it* +
+ Black high heels which belongs to my mom *I still don't have high heels* +
+ Black Chinese pattern bag +

All of my dress was made by my mom.
And I don't have any good shoes right now, so I borrow my mom's, even if it's too small for my feet >_<
I don't have enough money to buy some outfit *dress at shop always have a better fashion, please!*
Maybe someday, after I complete my makeup collection :)



The makeup I used:

I used Maybelline BB Cream in 01 Fresh shade as a base for my makeup.
Then I used Maybelline Clear Smooth Face Powder in Natural shade.
Then move to my eyes, using Natureline Eyeshadow Palette which belongs to my mom again XD
Natureline???
Don't know this brand? Sure.
FYI, as I know, my mom has this palette since I was a 4-years old kid.
WHAT??? But it seems my mom didn't care about the expired date.
How old is this palette? You decide.

The shade I used is pointed by the blue arrow.
Took them using my Chinese-branded dual brush.

First I used the yellow-nude as a base, then I used the orange at the half outer of my eyes, and then I used the bronze to darken my outer V.
I used the white too, to brighten my inner corner.

The eyeshadow is sparkling and veeeeery low pigmented.
See? Very low pigmented. Under indirect sunlight. Without base.


Then I ask my mom whether she had a black pencil eyeliner.
But she said that she only had brown.
And then she took a pencil from our family shop and brought it to me.
But, the writing on the pencil said "LIPLINER"....
-_____________-"
Anyway, I used it *_*
It's a cheap Chinese branded eyeliner, so I thought, "ah, whatever!"
Then I lined my eyes...

Then I used mom's blush on. It's Revlon in Red Apple shade.
If it's the first time to see this Revlon, I tell you, it's as old as the eyeshadow palette.
Took it using my Chinese-branded blush brush.

And the last is using Mentholatum Lip On Lip Lipstick in Carnation Pink shade.
It's mine!!! *_*



Oh yeah, I did my hair by straighten it using iron straightener.



Tips for Beginners:
+ If you don't have makeup, borrow some :D +
+ Use a foundation/BB cream/powder that has the right shade for your face skin. Better not use them or use them thinly if they are too white or too dark for your skin. +
+ Use the pencil eyeliner one instead liquid or gel. It's the easiest. I had tried the liquid, and I'm sure it will ruin your eye makeup if you do it for the first time. +
+ Use soft and pastel color eyeshadow instead of heavy dark or black. +
+ Use a soft pink or nude lipcolor, which is won't too eye-catching. Don't use your mom's red lipstick if you don't have enough confidence!! +



Thank you for reading my random story.
I'll see you soon with review post.
Hohoho.

-蓮花-

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. hi, thanks for joining my giveaway! ahaha anyhoo, sorry for the blurry selca on my early blog years, idk but I haven't done any blurring via photoshop, lmao. guess that bcuz I used a digicam with poor quality.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thought (Ɔ ˘⌣˘)♥(˘⌣˘ C)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images